Dr. Wokuluk is pleased to provide patients with the latest in advanced, digital radiography
Digital x-rays have made diagnosis of dental problems and treatment easy and quick. With digital x-rays, there is no need to wait for x-ray reports, its right there on the doctor's monitor within a few minutes. Also, digital x-rays involve almost 90% less radiation that film type x-rays therefore they are much, much safer. Other digital x-ray benefits are:
• Early Detection: The images are so clear that any kind of hidden dental cysts, solid growths, or tumors can be detected easily and timely treatment can be done. We take close look of the x-ray reports to give you complete dental treatment.
• Cost effective: As the results are directly shown on the monitor there is no expense of x-ray film developing equipment. This cuts down the cost of the treatment making it more affordable.
• Quick Results: As mentioned before, digital x-rays give instant results without any wastage of time making it easy for the doctor to take several x-rays during the treatment (if required). This helps make sure all is fine and the treatment is benefiting the patient.
• High Accuracy: Digital x-rays offer high accuracy as latest color x-ray technique provide clearer images that can be enlarged for better view. This ensures that infections or any other dental problem does not remain hidden and gets treated in time.
Intra-oral cameras have revolutionized the entire patient-education process as a patient can now sit comfortably in a chair and get a clear picture of his tooth condition and make an informed decision before the condition gets worse. An intra-oral camera is a small pen sized tool attached to a computer or television monitor and comes with a disposable plastic sheath for contamination prevention. An intra-oral camera helps a dentist to take a video of the inside of the mouth of a patient. The video is then transmitted via a cable to a TV screen and can be viewed by both the patient and the dentist. The advantages of an intra oral camera are:
• An intra oral camera reveals the early stages of any serious problem like cavity and gum diseases.
• The patient gets a clear view of the oral condition of his mouth and this helps him make an informed decision.
• It also gives a realistic picture of a patient's regular dental hygiene; this enables Dr. Wokuluk to suggest steps to improve it.
• A patient can benefit by getting acquainted with a problem in its early stage.
- For more detailed information click on Preventive Dentistry under Services on this page.